How to apply for the Alba Rosa Viëtor Composition Competition 2020/2021?
- The application deadline is 1 November, 2020. There is no registration fee.
- In order to apply, an e-mail should be sent to email@example.com with the completed registration form and a number of attachments (listed below).
- Composers 35 years of age and under, residing anywhere in the world, are invited to apply.
- Only one composition may be submitted. This original work should neither have been published, performed in public and/or broadcast previously, nor awarded a prize in any other composition competition.
- The composition should be written for one singer (mezzo-soprano) and two, three or four instruments (viola, violoncello, clarinet and piano) upon an English text. The work should not exceed the lenght of 9 minutes.
Each e-mail submission must include:
- The full score, with separate instrumental parts, as a PDF file, formatted as A4, created in either Sibelius or Finale. The score does not have to be Anonymous.
- A (sample or live) recording of the work in MP3 format.
- A statement by the composer that the submitted work has neither been published, performed in public and/or broadcast previously, nor awarded a prize in any other composition competition.
- The completed registration form
- A 1-page PDF-file containing a copy of the composer’s passport. Date of birth should be after 1 November 1985.
- A 1-page PDF-file with a Professional Resume (education, scholarships, degrees earned, prizes, performances, etc.).
If you want to know more about the competition and the jury, click here:
Alba Rosa Viëtor Composition Competition 2020/2021
Meet the jury